Saturday, November 25, 2006

Technology expands Education

At the beginning of the semester I was a little hesitantabout the use of the blogs. I had never used them before...I had never even looked at one before. I didn't really know what to expect. Now that the semester is coming to a close, I am so happy that as a class we were able to use blogs instead of some form of note cards or journals. The blogs are really open to expressing feelings and thoughts. Also, I loved having the opportunity of looking at other classmates blogs. If I missed a class or didn't understand a subject I new right where to go. Or even if i wanted a differet perspective on an idea i could go and see what other had to say. I hope that as my college experience continues I have more opportunities to use this type of writing experience.

Another form of technology that I was really nervous about was the podcast....but once again it turned out to be better than the "old fashion way". Instead of getting up in front of the class and making a short presentation the podcast became more of a conversation. It was really laid back and free. The ideas seemed to be presented more clearly and comfortably than when each student takes turns getting up in front of class. I am really excited to see the final presentation!

The last way that I was able to use technology to make my learning experience better was in the form of an audio book. I chose to listen to Lolita on my ipod as opposed to reading it...as stated in my blog about Lolita....this really helped to create Humbert Humbert as a real person. My experience of Lolita was escalated because of my ability to listen to Jeremy Irons create the words into a song.

I am really happy with the way that all the uses of technonlgy have created a really free and relaxed learning experience. I can't way to see the ways that technonlgy continue to make a better learning environment in both school and at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home