Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Invisible Man



Overall I liked The Invisible Man. The more I think about it the more I like the book. It was so long and I read it so fast that I would really love to read it again some time and take the time to notice and appreciate all the details. This book was really in depth and I am still discovering new things each time I go back and think about all the different ideas. I am having a hard time figuring out what to say about this book because there are so many ideas and themes that I can't even begin. I guess the best way to start would be the part in the book that captured me the most. I don't know why but towards the beginning of the book when the Invisible Man takes Mr. Norton on a drive. This section of the book turned into one that I had a hard time stopping, it was a real page turner. The description at the Golden Day really caught my interest.
I guess another part of the book that was really interesting for me was when he was working at the paint factory. This is one of the parts in the book that I never really grasped until I went back and revisited a few of the pages. The paint factory was worked by black men...the crew was all black men but the company was priding themselves with making a "brighter white". I think this is very funny. I don't know if Ellison was alluding to anything with the colors, but I find it something interesting to think about.
I guess that is what I liked about this book...each page gave me something new to think about. Ellison didn't give any answer and he didn't even really ask any questions but my mind couldn't help but to think about each and every idea that was discussed in the book...
This book is going to be the type that each time a read it, it will be a new experience. I will keep this novel on my book shelf and I can't wait to revisit it again and again over the years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home